Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL)
As our state trade association for the Michigan credit union industry, MCUL advocates on our behalf with state and federal lawmakers in Lansing and Washington, D.C.. MCUL representatives frequently cooperate with industry volunteers to review proposed legislation, identifying our official position, and advocating for or against the proposals as necessary.
MCUL provides opportunities for credit union management, staff and volunteers to interact with lawmakers and regulators, both in events throughout Michigan and in Washington D.C. These events are extremely important in providing access to industry decision-makers, further strengthening the MCUL’s voice as issues are considered. The legislative and regulatory proposals engaged by the MCUL directly impact Michigan credit unions and the environment in which they operate.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA)
CUNA is the largest national trade association in the United States serving America's credit unions. The not-for-profit trade group is governed by volunteer directors who are elected by their credit union peers from across the nation. With its network of affiliated state credit union associations, CUNA serves America's nearly 7,000 credit unions, which are owned by more than 98 million consumer members.
CUNA partners with the state associations and credit unions to:
- Represent the interests of credit unions before the U.S. government, including Congress and federal regulatory agencies
- Organize and focus the political efforts of credit unions
- Act as the voice of the credit union movement before the public (through the press and other media)
- Provide education and training resources for the development of credit union staff and volunteers
- Provide various forums for credit unions to meet and share ideas and views
- Provide access to cooperative products and services for credit unions